Friday, October 22, 2010

do i love you? my oh my....

oh how i love love love this version of the song

when i need lipstick, i grab a pen. when i need a pen, i grab lipstick.
right when i finished the last page of "Jesus Saves" a breeze started blowing on the coffee shop patio that made the litlle hairs on my arm stand on end. i wanted to stay right there in that forever.

"disregard your fathers words...."
dream? i was sitting on the edge of the bathtub singing a capella REALLY loud and my mother just stood in the doorway to let me know she had heard me. then i put my head in my hands and cried.

max: my favorite color is blue. dark blue, though, not baby blue.
me: well you're MY baby
max: but i'm not blue
me: well thank goodness

kim-kim: you sound excited.
pause
kim-kim: but you always get excited.
me: yeah, i do.

***i've been wondering what the lyrics were in the really fast-talking part of an avett brothers song, slight figure of speech. here they are.

What did you expect
And what did you forget
That to live you let go of me with each step
It becomes a progression I won't let regret manifest
To aggression
Are you to assess what I've been? What I am? Or become?
Did you stop to accept how pathetically dumb
It can be to
Attack those around 'cause you're
True to color, a town, a time, or a place?
It's not you, it's not mine
And besides it is gone
And you never will find it again
But I don't want to fight
I just ask let me be
I won't give the chance to be my enemy
So go home
Think it through

i miss working on a campaign. but there hasn't really been anyone i would feel comfortable campaigning for since kinky.

i heard the words no mother ever wants to hear, but most all do at some point - "i hate you"
i sold the rocking horse.
max never forgets anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment